Monday, June 22, 2009

Financing

The major house project we are tackling this week is financing for the house. We already have been pre-approved for a couple of loans, but since we are ideal first time home buyers we figure we can shop around a bit for some new loans. I doubt we'll have trouble being approved.

As far as I know there are two ways to go about it. . .a broker, or going directly to the lender/bank and applying. Right now we're mainly talking to a broker that our real estate agent recommended, but he has not given us solid numbers yet. I know brokers charge a fee for their services, I just have no idea how much that is. It seems the numbers he's given us are the cheapest compared to the other brokers we've looked at. But nowhere did we see him list HIS fee. It was always just closing costs listed. If it's minimal I won't mind paying to save ourselves the head ache, but if it gets expensive I'd rather do the leg work ourselves and save the extra money to buy new couches. :)

On a side note the weekend was super busy. Saturday I worked in the morning, and Jared and I went to the Kane County Cougars game and had a picnic dinner (all paid for by a periodontist my office refers patients to. Can't beat a free night of fun!) Sunday we went with Daniela and Greg to an antique fair in Sandwich and had another picnic lunch. It's neat looking at all the old trinkets and furniture. I managed to survive the weekend with only a mild sunburn too! All in all, a very successful and fun weekend.

1 comment:

  1. We used a broker and got an AWESOME deal!! I don't think I would have been able to do what he did myself... not to mention the time it took him to shop around for us. I don't know what we paid him, but it was worth it! He gave us the final interest rate numbers and then at closing he BEAT them! It was great.

    ReplyDelete