Saturday, October 22, 2011

9 Months - Briefly


Well I didn't get Bean's 9 month post written. . . .although I have been blogging about all of his doctor visits, so that's pretty much what he's been up to. Here is a quickie.

Quick side note, this photo was SO hard to get. 2 seconds before the photo shoot Bean whacked his head on the floor. I tried to edit it out but you can still see the red mark on his forehead.

Stats: 18lbs 1 oz, 28 inches

He is starting to eat finger foods for dinner. His favorite by far is meatballs. I will put a big variety on his tray and he always goes for the meat first. I think a close second are the Happy Baby brand yogurt melts. My son may have inherited my sweet tooth.

Motor wise Bean is super mobile now. He is cruising on furniture and can even climb stairs! We have 14 stairs from our main floor to the second floor and he can go all the way to the top. Occasionally he will even try to stand by himself but he hasn't done it successfully yet, he usually just plops down on the floor. He likes to chase the cat but she is still too fast for him. He will give her a run for her money when he's walking which I think will be before his 1st birthday.

Bean loves babbling up a storm. He will shriek like a banshee when he sees the cat. He also likes to babble "Mama." I think the months of me saying it to him have finally paid off.

I love when I walk into a room he gets a huge smile on his face and kicks his legs with excitement.

He still hates baths. He wants so bad to be mobile in the tub, but he usually just wipes out and conks his head on the tub. I think we need to get him a non slip bath mat.

We are still successfully breast feeding, but this week we finally had to give him a 50/50 mix of breast milk and formula because we burned through my frozen stash. We made it almost 10 months, not too shabby. The only reason why we need to do this is work only gives me one break to pump, I just can't keep up with him that way, even with the extra pumping I do at night.

His favorite toy right now is a stuffed ball that we won from Dave and Busters. If you sit him on the floor he can even catch the ball. You tell him to be ready and he holds his arms out in anticipation. If you lob it just right he'll catch it and then try to eat it.

He still puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.

Bean also got his first cold last month. It was horrible! He was all stuffed up and he slept almost the whole night on my chest in the rocker, from 9pm to 4am. He ran a 102 fever for about 2 days. Having a sick baby is no fun at all. The only upside to it was the fact that he cuddled with me the night he slept on my chest. Much to my dismay Bean is not a cuddler, he is on the move and into everything.

Hopefully when he is older he will cuddle with me in bed and we can watch cartoons together.


This ended up being a lot longer then I planned. :-) Only 6 more days till Bean is 10 months. Once Halloween hits the end of the year flies by. I'm not ready for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment