99% of my patients tell me they can't even tell I'm pregnant. I wear a baggy lab coat so it hides my belly pretty well at work. Well today I had a fun exchange with the parent of a little boy I treated (I've seen this patient a bunch of times, so we're pretty familiar with each other). He was quite the opposite of the rest of my patients.
Me: Hey! How have you been? Did you have a nice summer?
Parent: Yeah, it was a great summer! Boy, what happened to you? You used to be all skinny!
Me: *laughs* Well, I'm pregnant.
Parent: Well I can TOTALLY tell.
You would think this might bother me, but actually I just started cracking up. It was nice for a change to hear somebody say I looked pregnant. I'm proud of my unskinnyness, and it was nice to get noticed at work.
I also had this adorable little 4 year old girl tell me she wanted to be just like me when she grew up. I love the kids I work with, they seriously had a huge impact on my decision to have children. All the offices I worked at previous to this one had nothing but spoiled brats. . . my office is nothing but cute angels. I wonder what the parents secrets are?
Cute picture! You like the glider?
ReplyDelete