Monday, May 9, 2011

Angry Birds

No. . . .not the iPhone game!

The exciting moment in my day today happened when my mother stopped by to drop off Bean's favorite toy that I left at their house yesterday.

Mom was literally in my house for about five minutes. She gave me the toy, we chatted briefly, hugged, she left, and I closed the front door. Not 10 seconds after I closed the door I heard my mom screaming. I freaked out thinking she was stung by a bee (she's very allergic). I swung the front door open again, rushed out, and saw her standing in the driver side door of her car. I frantically asked if she was ok and she yelled, "THERE IS A BIRD IN MY CAR!!"

Sure enough, our resident angry robin had flown into her slightly open window (only about 4-5 inches open!) and pooped all on the passenger seat and door. She opened the window all the way and got the bird to fly out again thankfully.

Crazy!

We've been dealing with this bird for a while actually. Every time a car parks on our drive way this robin comes and literally poops all over the passenger side of the car. I've looked for a nest near by, but haven't found any. I guess he/she's just defending our drive way?

Has anybody else had a bird that does this? Can anybody think of anything we can do to deter this bird from bombing our guests that come over? I would understand it if there was a nest near by, but really. . .I've searched all on that side of our house and can't find a thing!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! LOVE IT! Maybe it is protecting you in Jared's absence?

    ReplyDelete