My baby boy is 4 months old. I know every parent says this, but where does the time go?

We had his check up last week, here are his stats:
13lbs, 10 oz
25.75 inches long
- I think in the grand scheme of things Bean is a decent sleeper. He still hasn't had a 12 hour sleep stretch again, which makes me sad, it was such a tease. Normally he goes to bed around 7-8pm, wakes up to nurse between 1-3 am, and then sleeps till 5-6am. This is probably the hardest on me. You all know how I love to sleep. :-)
- He is FINALLY holding his head up from flat on his tummy. Whenever I would put him on his tummy he would go flat as a pancake, face plant, and scream. The pediatrician tsk'd me and said I really need to work with him on that. I was just thinking to myself. . .uh, I try every day! He refuses! Literally 2 days after his appointment I put him on his tummy and he raises his head up like he's been doing it for weeks. It's so amazing how over night babies change and do new things.
- Well. . . .he's still sleeping in the bassinet in our room. I might maybe perhaps possibly be ready to put him in the crib now, but since Hubs is traveling now. . . I like the company. So I'm not sure when that will happen.
- We tried giving him his first solid foods a week ago! Rice cereal mixed with breast milk. It didn't go over well. I didn't get a picture! But I did take a video. It was pretty hilarious. At first he just spewed it out all over his face, then he started crying. When I stopped trying to give it to him he started yelling at me! He didn't cry, it was yelling, like he was saying, "What are you feeding me woman??" The next day I tried the rice cereal mixed with formula, he hated that even more. He didn't even spew it out, he just started screaming and crying. I haven't tried it since, I don't think he's quite ready.
- I still haven't gotten a great belly laugh out of him, but he giggles a lot and recently started squealing with delight!
- I'm going to jinx my self here but he's starting to take a long nap in the morning. The past 3 days in a row he's slept between 2-2.5 hours! I don't know what to do with myself it's so awesome.
- He loves chewing on his hands. I'm so afraid he's going to be a thumb sucker!
- He gets such a kick when I make him dance. I sing "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" to him and I move his arms touching the corresponding body parts, it always gets a grin of out him.
I love him so insanely incredibly much. He's my little peanut, my pork chop, my cuddle buddy, my little Bean. . . . . I cannot wait to see what the next few months holds for us.
Aw hes getting so big :)
ReplyDelete