Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

Jared and I spent our Thanksgiving weekend down south with his family this year. I was lucky enough to get the Wednesday before the holiday off so we were able to make to to Jared's mom's house in Corydon that day. Then on Thursday we drove a little more to Owensboro KY and ate our traditional meal at Rachel and Andy's house. I dodged the bullet this year with not cooking the big holiday meal. Big thanks to Jared's mom and sister, it was delicious!

Friday was spent back in Corydon and then on Saturday we drove down to Nashville TN to see Opryland and the Charlie Brown Christmas ice sculpture display. I wasn't expecting the ice to be colored, that was really neat surprise. We took a bunch of goofy pictures.



We drove back late on Saturday night so we could decorate our house for Christmas all day Sunday, but unfortunately I woke up Sunday morning to a fever and sore throat. So I ended up missing work on Monday and Tuesday, and I'm still battling a cough and stuffy nose.

Jared and I were finally able to put up the tree and decorations on Wed and Thurs. . . .and yes, putting up the stockings on the fire place was just as exciting as I imagined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment