Thursday, March 8, 2012

We Are The Icky Yucky Gerrrrrrms (and random pictures)

*Pictures have nothing to do with this post. They are just some of my favorite shots from the past two months. I'm too lazy to make a separate post.



The title to this post about sums up February for me. The cold that would never die. Ugh.

Happy Birthday Bean!

It all started beginning of the month about two days before Hubs was going to leave on a 9 day business trip. I could just feel it coming on, and did my best to chug vitamin C and get plenty of rest while he was here to take care of the Bean.


Play time with Pappy


The morning he left is when it hit me hard; never ending boogers and a horrible dry cough. Let me tell you, I thought it was horrible when Bean was sick and I was up all night with him. It is way way way worse being alone, sick and having to take care of a healthy energetic toddler. Mom's don't get sick days, especially single ones. (It just so happened my parents were also sick during all this so I couldn't even go to them for help.)


Playing in the snow with Daddy


So after about 5-6 days of feeling like walking death I started to feel better, the boogers tapered off and my cough was less frequent. Naturally that is when Bean started to get sick. Poor little guy had a super congested cough and tons of snot. Fun.

Then FINALLY Hubs returns from his trip on a Friday. Saturday morning I go to work, and I swear up and down that I'm starting to feel sick again. Two days later, the boogers return with a vengeance and this time I have a super congested cough like Bean does (he was still sick).

This one was the cold bug from hell. It took Bean about 13 days to get over it, and for me. . . well I still have a slight occasional cough, and randomly through out the day my nose will run. It's weird, but I suppose I'm maybe over it? I still don't honestly feel 100%, maybe like. . .96 but I'm not quite there yet.

Yep, February sucked.

I'm sure March will be better. I know we've had an awesome winter this year in terms of snow fall, and I feel bad complaining. . . but I'm ready for spring. There have been a few days where mother nature will tease us with a 60+ degree day (always when I work so I can't enjoy it) and it makes me feel so light and happy. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. I hope all of you feel better soon so you can enjoy the rest of March.

    ReplyDelete