It's not like I don't have things to blog about either. I have some cool pictures I want to post from a walk I took with Daniela and Bailey (they were for my You Capture assignment last week. . .I didn't get any photos this week, bla), we recently purchased a patio furniture set (yay for seats on our awesome deck!), and I had a great idea for a random peanut butter jar rant.
I think part of the problem is I don't like to post a blog without a photo, and I've been lazy at getting my photos edited to the lap top. On a photo side note, I'm also very jealous of my cousin Angela who recently purchased her first digital SLR. . .such a fun expensive toy. Some day I'll scrounge enough cash together to buy one. . . if we'd only stop buying furniture! :-D
So, I'm going to set my mind to it and get at least one more post up this week. Stay tuned and have a great week!

And here is a photo, just because. . .it's a horrible scan (on my old yucky scanner) of one of my all time favorite pictures. Me and Daddy up at the lake.
Hi Kristen. Sorry to post this here but I couldn't find an email for you. Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I too had to wait a while (years actually) for a Digital SLR. I just got mine last August. I did "study" a little online before I got my camera. Even though you don't have one yet, you can go ahead and get a basic understanding of aperture, shutter speed and lighting. Even though you can't practice yet, it's hard to learn the camera and the concepts at the same time. Go ahead and knock out some of the studying and that way you can focus on learning your camera when you do get one. Of course, it's hard to study and not practice the skills but I found that I was really glad to have SOME background knowledge before I got my camera. Your "Spring" photos are great and it looks like you are holding your own with your "point & click." Truly, if the joy is in recording the memories and not having the "perfect" photo, than any camera will do the trick. As far as editing, I use Corel X2 Ulitmate (I think there is a newer version). It's only about $50.00 and it is very similar to Photoshop Elements. I don't have elements or any of the photoshop software because our computer is 6 years old and won't process any of the Adobe stuff. Upgrading software would mean a new computer too and that is not in our budget and won't be anytime soon. So, I just make do with what I have. I don't get to play around with any of the actions and presets that so many folks use and love but I'm so happy to finally have a camera - I just try to focus on that. With the Corel program, I have been able to learn how to use "layers" which is key to the editing in Adobe programs. So, it's not all bad. With Elements and other Adobe programs, there's so much help online (Youtube is one of my favorites for tutorials). I did buy the instructional books (Amazon) for my software. That has helped. Anyway, there is so much you can have fun with until you get your dream camera. Editing is alot of fun. It's a great creative outlet for folks like me who are not at all creative. I would definitely suggest enjoying your point & click, study before you get the camera and go ahead with an editing program. You'll be amazed at the fun you can have editing the simplest of photos. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions. Oh, and don't (although it's hard for me too) compare yourself to others - just have fun! Good luck!
ReplyDelete